Advancing AEOCCG &
Implementing The Australian EO Community Plan
Presented by Stuart Phinn, University of Queensland
Towards the close of 2016 we saw the successful launch of the Australian Earth Observation Community Plan 2026 (AEOCP). The plan has been well received across the private and public sectors and we are now moving into the implementation phase.
Implementing the AEOCP requires the formal establishment of AEOCCG operations, governance, funding, and a path to becoming an independently funded private-public entity. This will also link closely with directions in the forthcoming NCRIS Research Infrastructure Roadmap and National Innovation and Science Agenda.
At this whole of community meeting we discussed the process to formally establish the AEOCCG and implement the AEOCP, and then move forward to implementation.
The following is the outline for the proposed process:
- Convene a group to establish and implement revised AEOCCG and AEOCP Implementation Terms of Reference and Governance.
- Establish revised terms of reference, positions, and operational plan for the AEOCCG.
- Implement revised terms of reference, positions, and operational plan for the AEOCCG.
- AEOCCG steering committee operations.
- Funding group operations.
- AEOCP implementation group operations.