for Growing the Australian Earth Observation Applications
The primary Horizon 2020 earth observation related calls for space related R&D proposals have now closed as of the beginning of March 2017.
The calls that closed addressed the following topics:
- Downstream applications (EO-1-2017)
- EO Big Data Shift (EO-2-2017)
- Preparation for a European capacity to monitor CO2 anthropogenic emissions (EO-3-2017)
- Information on what EO related research is being conducted and funded by the EC
- Online services for identifying potential international collaboration partners from the EU and elsewhere for the future e.g. CORDIS Partner Service is one of several online services linked to on the Participants Portal.
- Ideas for future research innovation and collaboration
The Horizon 2020 program addresses very diverse thematic areas some of which will benefit from collaboration with and integration of earth observation science research activities. So while future H2020 calls may not specifically target earth observation science there will be opportunities to collaborate and participate in future H2020 call proposals if you seek them out.
We encourage you to keep in mind the Australian government programs that potentially provide support for your collaborative research opportunities for the future.